Double spicy chicken wings
Ingredients for 15 Papa Earth wings
- 1 cup Butter milk/ yogurt
- 15 chicken wings, or drumettes
- Fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 tbsp. baking powder Oil for deep fry Spice mix:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup red chili powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tbsp. all spice (crushed)
- 2 tbsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp. garlic powder
- Mix all of the spices together. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture from spices that have clumped in storage.
- In a large bowl, add the half spice mixture to the flour and mix well until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Dip, shake and dredge each of the pieces in the flour & spice mixture. Repeat for all of the
remaining pieces. Leave the pieces to sit in the dredge for 10-15 minutes while oil heats up. This will help the coating stick to the chicken better. Preheat a vegetable oil to 340 degrees F.
- Shake off the excess coating from the pieces and fry for up to 10 minutes.
- Place cooked pieces on an oil drain rack. To make the sauce add the remaining spice mix into oil. Add pineapple juice.
- Boil it for 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Dip the wings in the prepared spicy sauce.
- Get ready to eat!
Papa Earth chicken wings are always free-run, and free-range when the weather allows it. 100% air chilled and flash frozen. If you’ve never had our chicken wings, perhaps try them and order a meat delivery box online at the best butcher box in Canada Papa Earth.
To stay up to date about more Papa Earth news and recipes subscribe at the Papa Earth YouTube channel here.