The Nacho Poppin Chicken Recipe
For the folks who love Nachos and Chicken at the same time. Nacho Poppin Chicken is for you! The creamy stuffed chicken in combination with the crunchiness of Doritos will make your taste buds feel like you are in heaven.
Average Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes (baked) 45 Minutes – 1 Hour
Total Time: 45 Minutes to 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 8 x 4-ounce chicken breasts
- 8 bacon slices
- 2/3 cup of crushed Doritos
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers
- ½ cup of softened cream cheese
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning
- 1 egg
- Prep your stuffing ingredients. In a small bowl: mix the cream cheese, garlic, and Cajun seasoning. Slice the jalapenos into horizontal slices. Have your bacon on hand
- Add the Doritos to a small zip lock bag and seal (removing as much air as you can). Using a heavier object crush your Doritos into a crumble mixture and add to a small bowl. In another small bowl add you egg and slightly beat.
- Preheat your oven or smoker grill. If you are baking, have you baking sheet ready to place your chicken onto. Butterfly each chicken breast with a sharp knife. Approximately 1/2″ thick or in the middle making sure not to slice all the way through. You can do this in stages and don’t have to slice the whole thing at once.
- Once butterflied, evenly spread your cream cheese mixture onto one half, add your jalapeno peppers slices and 2 slices of bacon. You can use toothpick to hold the ingredients together but it’s not necessary. Carefully dip each side of your stuffed chicken in the egg bowl, and then in the Doritos.
When BAKING: 400 Degrees for 35 minutes or an internal temperature of 165 degrees
When SMOKING: 350 Degrees for 45 minutes to an hour OR an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
This recipe was created by Kara from ScaleAndTailor and chicken breasts were supplied by us, Papa Earth. You can find all of Kara’s recipes on her website www.scaleandtailor.com and her Instagram account.
At Papa Earth we offer the free-run chicken breast and sugar-free bacon. We also offer pasture raised chicken for as long as supplies last. You can add these in your meat delivery subscription box and it’ll be delivered right to your home.
Find here the the original post and recipe.