Smoked Stuffed Tenderloin
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes to 1 Hour
– Papa Earth Pork Tenderloin
– Papa Earth Bacon (2 slices chopped in pieces)
– Onions (diced)
– Cream Cheese (1/4 cup)
– 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
– Cajun Spice / Seasoning (1/2 Tbsp)
– Tennessee Apple Butter Rub by @LouisianaGrills
– Butcher String
– Prep the stuffing
– Cook the bacon chops and sauté diced onions.
Use the same frying pan over medium high heat (use the oil and fat from the bacon to sauté the onions).
In a small bowl: mix cream cheese, minced garlic, and Cajun seasoning / spices and set aside.
– Butterfly your pork tenderloin. Use a sharp knife. Have your hand on the top to secure the meat, slice a large score 0.5″ from the bottom. Continue slicing until your tenderloin completely opens (make sure you don’t cut all the way through). Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on one side of your tenderloin and top it with the bacon chops and onions.
Slide your butcher strong under your tenderloin, approximately a string 3″ apart from each other.
Do this before you roll so you’re not struggling to keep it together while dealing with the string. Pull upwards to pull over and carefully roll your tenderloin. Tie each string securely.
SMOKER: Preheat your smoker to an approx. 250 C. Place directly on the grill to cook.
Smoke for an approx. 45-60 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
BAKED: Preheat oven to 350 C. Place on baking sheet. Cook for an approx. 30 minutes or until an internal temperature of 145C.
For the original recipe, click here.
Apart from Pork Tenderloin Papa Earth offers a wide variety of Ontario Pork, including Certified Organic Pork Back Ribs, Wild Caught Fish, Grass Fed Beef, Pasture Raised Chicken and so much more. Try out our meat delivery service or build a bulk meat order starting at $1250. Prefer to see what we have in stock first? See our product page with all products and information.