How delicious are poke bowls?
We find them so delicious, tasty and it’s creative to make them!
- 1 fillet wild caught sockeye salmon (sushi grade)
- Sauce: 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp sriracha (adjust ratios to your liking)
- 3/4 cup jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 handfuls of chopped greens (romaine or kale work great)
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, boiled or microwaved
- 1/4 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Optional: diced pineapple for some sweetness!
- Top with: sesame seeds and scallions
- Cut salmon fillet into small cubes.
- Toss salmon in sauce and let marinate in the fridge while you cook your rice.
- Cook rice, then set aside to cool.
- Prepare edamame and vegetables.
- Assemble your bowls: half bowl with rice and other half with greens, adding vegetables around then salmon on top.
- Top with sesame seeds and scallions!
Are you a fan of poke bowls? Tag us in your recipes @papaearthbox.
This recipe was brought to us by Kat Krivanek from @katkrivaneknutrition
Kat is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Certified Personal Trainer and I believe that eating well and living a healthy, balanced lifestyle doesn’t need to be complicated. Find out more about her services and recipes here. Kat takes on 1-on-1 clients at her health and wellness clinic in in Ottawa, Ontario. Living in Ottawa Papa Earth is the obvious supplier of her salmon and best meat delivery Ottawa service for her.